Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Monday mornings....and bread crusts

" Mom, I am not so sure I like these!"

"You wouldn't make me eat these, would you?"



" I know you don't think I'm funny Mom.....but I gotta try!"


And...another Monday morning @ the Tootsies! How we love these mornings! After Sundays, the house is upside down, the kids are a little crabby from the routine disruption and I am happy as a lark and ready to get it all fixed up! I LOVE Monday mornings....and Monday afternoons if I could possibly convince my 4 year old and six year old that they are REALLY tired and maybe a sleep would do them good? and....then the bribe, "if you sleep, then you get to stay up..." (that said with a very cajoling tone a voice, of course!) I had this thought that morning as I watched Kamryn, our 2 1/2 year old push her crusts around her plate ( I really think that she thought if she did it long enough they really WOULD disappear!) Oh, right....the thought--Life is like bread crusts....we "eat" up all the good things and hope that the stuff that is a little harder to deal with will just disappear and that we never have to "eat" them. As we mature in life we will start realizing that the good comes with things that aren't always that pleasant. We need to experience life as a whole so that we reap the blessings of a full life, lived out for Jesus Christ...--
So, that was my thought on a Monday morning while trying to convince Kammi to eat her crusts. I don't think she hates them as much as she likes me think....look at that face! She actually imagines this whole scenario(which is a daily confrontation) is funny! I must admit, being her mother, that I did have to laugh. I also have to remind myself to keep laughing because not all of life goes smoothly and if I wasn't laughing....I most definitely would be crying.
(and no one wants to see that, right?) Besides that fact, I think my kids would start singing "A Joyful Heart is Good Medicine" to me instead of vice versa, and could I handle that? Probably not! My best advice to myself....keep your chin up and trust in your Heavenly Father to help you along....amidst bread crusts and all!



-

1 comment: