Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Belated Birthday Post.....






Kadin and his new Calgary Flames hat!









I can't help laugh when I look at this picture and see that saying on his shirt...he even knows it by heart!








Kadin specified a
blue and red race
car and Auntie
Jess delivered!
He was thrilled...





I am not sure I can believe it! Our boy is 6! Time flies. It seems like a short time ago that we were in the hospital meeting him for the first time....These days we are seeing him mature into a great kid who is usually quite willing to help me out or watch his siblings so they aren't wandering off or doing something dangerous! I always have to laugh in the morning when I see Kadin first thing. He is so intent on getting out of bed the moment his little eyes open that he stumbles around rubbing his eyes trying to figure out where he even is. Amidst my laughter I have tried to explain that it would be okay for him to stay in bed for a few seconds longer to orientate himself first.....but to no avail! He has very exciting things to all get done in one day and it is such a waste to lie there one second longer than necessary....I mean, why bother? Mom is very good at helping him get his bearings. " Kade! Look out bud...the table is in front of you! Kade, the toilet seat has to be up BEFORE you pee! Hello!"
Such are the joys of our very special son. Some days are more trying than others but with patience and lots of activity Kadin thrives! We have definitely noticed that his love language is quality time so I try to take an hour or two every day that he's not in school and build lego with him.At this point he is still enjoying Kindergarten....they have started home reading. I think they teachers give this assignment to help the parents learn patience. I have started to wonder if it's about the reading aspect at all! lol Marcel and I are looking forward to another fun-filled, interesting year ahead of helping Kadin grow into a young man who heart belongs to Jesus. Pray for us as parents. What an amazing, wonderful, HARD, trying job God has given us!

Who's cakes is this anyways......








Instead of having a birthday party with a thousand 6 year olds running around....we went with another family who's son was also turning 6. After we bowling (the kids beat some of the adults...oops) we went to Montana's for supper. They always give you these moose heads to wear while they sing to you. Kadin decided that they were weird and there was no way that he was going to wear them. Notice in the picture his hands on his head. He didn't remove them till they walked away....hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment